ACCOMPLISHED PRODUCT PROFESSIONAL
Proven leadership and expertise in Industrial Design, User Centered Design, and Design for Manufacturability.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Corporate and consultancy level expertise in Industrial Design.
- In-depth understanding of User Centric Experience Design and use models.
- Industry experience with consumer, IoT, lifestyle, commercial, biotech/medical, and military products.
- Product development and management experience with an understanding of schedule and cost implications.
- In-depth knowledge of the design to manufacture process (concept, design generation, prototyping, production).
- Management of design and engineering teams domestically and in Asia.
- Expert software skills with Adobe CS, SolidWorks, Rhino3D, Visualize, Painter, MS Office.
- Experienced with 3D printing for prototyping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Patent Awards Received: USD600,675 S; USD594,441 S, USD617,198 S, USD260,448 S, USD620,447 S
- BDA/Munitio: Successful development and launch of on-ear and in-ear headphones line, enabling BDA to enter the premium headphone space with the Munitio brand.
- Panasonic Cloud Entertainment: Comprehensive design, development, and implementation of accessory product line for launch with Panasonic’s handheld MMO game system, the Jungle.
- Monster Cable: Industrial design management of high profile partner programs.
- Beats by Dre, Disney/Tron, HP/Monster Digital Life, Apple mobile, Vivienne Tam Butterfly
- Lathrop: Drove and successfully implemented internal design processes and tools into the product design and development process. ROI resulted in better communication of design concepts and ultimately stronger customer loyalty.
- Nanometrics: Created, drove and implemented a new design language program for the Nanometrics line of wafer metrology products. The design language created a family look that tied in industry expectations with a friendlier consumer feel.
LeEco: Senior Manager, User Experience Center
June 2016 – July 2017
- Cross functional management of product experience and specifications.
- Research and development of product concepts focused around experience principles and concepts.
- Creation of ID Concepts for Android TV and IoT interactions.
- Led user experience testing, evaluation and design for consumer electronic accessories.
HP Inc: Product Manager, Accessories/Special Projects
March 2014 – May 2016
- Led product development, management and marketing of accessories for HP’s Sprout all-in-one.
- Creation and planning of the IoT roadmap for Windows Cortana accessories centered on experience driven design.
- Cross functional product management with engineering and marketing teams.
- Creation of ID concepts for Sprout related product accessories.
BDA\Munitio: Sr. Product Development Manager, Audio
September 2012 – December 2013
- Directed the design and development for premium headphones.
- Managed internal and external teams for the design, development and manufacture of headphones.
- Drove the exploration and vetting of various audio and wireless technologies for headphone experiences.
- Specification, evaluation and approval of audio sound profiles for headphone products.
Panasonic Cloud Entertainment: Design Consultant
July 2010 – January 2011
- Drove the industrial design, product definition, and development of The Jungle’s accessory portfolio. Items include cables, AC chargers, car chargers, headphones, and cases and bags.
- Management of vendor/suppliers for 1) design implementation 2) costing of product design.
- Supplier sourcing and vetting for accessory and companion products.
Monster Cable Products: Industrial Design Manager
Sept. 2007 – June 2010
- Monster Product Development Leadership.
- Recipient of various design patent awards.
- Led design strategy and managed design relationships of internal and external product programs.
- Primary ID interface for Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, and Supply Chain.
- Strategic and tactical guidance of ID for cables, power delivery systems, audio products and mobile accessories.
- Management of multifaceted design team consisting of disciplines from ID, packaging, and mechanical engineering.
- Management and guidance of suppliers/vendors for product development from concept to manufacture.
Lathrop Engineering: Sr. Industrial Designer / Mentor / Design Management
Nov. 2004 – Aug. 2007
- Successful industrial design and implementation for a variety of tech, bio-tech, medical and military projects.
- Drove and implemented new internal design processes with advance tools that resulted in faster and better communication and development of product concepts.
- Developed and nurtured direct relationships with customers to ensure design intent for best in class product design.
- Led design research in ergonomics and human factors for improved product to user interactions.
- Managed and mentored junior designers for various product projects.
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Design
San Jose State University